Last News about Les Gorges du Chambon
2019: Let’s go again!
The seasons go faster and faster, after the camp is closed and everything is rolled up and winterised, we go to trade fairs to meet suppliers, but also colleagues: these gives us new ideas, we bring the new catalogues with us, we make quotations or new orders .. .. Such a fair is a bit like Christmas toy catalogue! We will now refine everything and make a choice …
What is already on the planning for the 2019 season:
4 new Cognac Cottages (our campers think this model is perfect!)
Sanitary building A is being completely renovated
A communal barbecue / cozy meeting place is created
The roof of the restaurant will be completely renewed
New electricity houses and lighting with solar panels
Finishing around water slides (plants, terrace, solarium)
Parasols / pergolas to create shade around the pool
And who knows, there will be more!
We look forward to receiving you (again)! The campsite is open from 20 April 2019!
Lidewij and Pascal
2018: Towards a new adventure
Let’s start by thanking our customers for their enthusiasm and compliments. We are more than ever work for improving the comfort and quality of our campsite. We have chosen to join Yelloh! Villages. This new challenge for us, we hope, will give our guests complete satisfaction! Do not worry, Les Gorges du Chambon will not change in its simplicity and cosiness. We continuously improve the infrastructure and facilities as we have done over the past 5 years. We will also retain our adnvatages: the luxury of space and the personal atmosphere of the campsite.
Following the requests of our customers, we have chosen to put new water slides at the pool! As a result, the swimming pool complex becomes larger and certainly more attractive for the older youth. The liner of the large swimming pool will be renewed, as is the roof terrace of the swimming pool with more sun beds!
New Cognac Cottages (Riviera) will be installed: view on the forest or over the valley, the choice is yours. These cottages (as well as Cottages Périgueux) are equipped with dishwashers, for your comfort and for water saving! These accommodations are a replacement for the Mercure mobile homes. Some cottages get new curtains and mattresses. In all the rentals you will be able to enjoy new sunbeds.
At the moment (December) we are pruning trees, replacing electricity boxes and water points, and we are making the green area ready for winter.
Other news will definitely come in the winter!
We look forward to welcoming you from 27 April 2018.
For this summer, we have planned some new products!
The whole family can enjoy a brand new crazy golf, and always free of charge.
We will have new bikes for hire, especially new electric bikes. It is also possible to rent a trolley to take the little ones on the peaceful roads and to admire the rich and varied landscapes of the Charente and Périgord.
Following the success of our Premium locations, we decided to add four more. Our campers adore luxury and simplicity.
We are also beautifying some areas at the campsite with plants, signs, etc. Which you will see during your stay in our campsite.
See you soon!
New for summer 2016:
For the upcoming summer we are already hard at work!
- New play equipment in the playground
- Renovation of a part of the sanitary facilities (heated area)
- Four new 3 bedroom mobile homes Riviera XXL with extra space and a beautiful terrace (replacing the Titom Chalets)
- New electric terminals and electricity cables
- A new Brochure
- And a new website!
- and some more……
We hope to welcome you in Spring or in Summer in camping les Gorges du Chambon!
Pascal and Lidewij Froger
- We have renovated the pool! The big pool and the paddling are situated now at the same level for more security and space. The pools are heated and to maintain the temperature, a tarp protects the basins overnight. New Suns baths have already been tested and appreciated!
- A new multi-sports field. Here, children can practice all kinds of sports such as basketball, football, handball, etc.
- Mobil Home Live has been completely revamped for families with small children. No overload anymore with babies: on-site: a baby cot, high chair, a baby bath, a changing mat, a bottle warmer, a small pot, and even a step stool for toddlers, plastic Dinnerware and a barrier of security on the terrace.
- We replaced some lighting by solar terminals.
- New terminals, new electrical cables buried in a large part of the camping extension less and less “outage” and more security. New terminals are being be implemented, near the pitches for more comfort.
- Bungalows tents have a new look. The exterior have been replaced.
- New shelters for ‘Premium’ sites!
- A part of the sanitary has new bins dish with prestos for more water saving, a new chemical toilet and a few new toilets have been renovated
- New concrete floors for the Bungalows tents
- New software for bookings and the reception of the customers with more features, faster and more reliable
- The corner grocery store has been changed in the reception with new shelves, for more space and more usability
- 4 new Loggia Rentals
- New Washingmachines and a dryer for our guests
- New control panel for the pool: the pool is more clean and easy to maintain, less consumption of water and half less consumption of chlorine! Economic and ecological!
- Repairs to the roofs of sanitary and the reception
- A new team in the restaurant: Matthew and Katrin decided to devote themself entirely to their new Restaurant the mill of the Tardoire at Montbron. Already a renowned in the region, this gourmet restaurant is worth a visit! Greg and Marion will take the new management with new menus, plates and pizza’s.